When I got my little escape pod car, I noticed right away that there was a piece of blue fabric covering the upper dash. I first thought it was a decorative piece or something to keep sun damage away. I lifted it up, and noticed there was a HUGE split in the top, so apparently this was meant to hide this little “defect”. No matter – there are fixes for this. I already have a replacement plastic piece on its way to re-do the facing on the dash, and I’ll be looking at junkyards to see if there is an upper pad that’s in better shape than this one is.
Methinks I really need that Haynes manual about now. LOLOLOL. I just hope to have everything ship-shape by the time September comes around. I’m keeping my fingers crossed!